Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Is it vacation time yet? - Our week of Sept. 15th

Here's last weeks re-cap!

Another week in the books! Last week was actually an ok week. Busy but not too bad. It started off with back to school on Monday! :( Gotta love the weekends!! I look forward to them every week. Courtney had soccer practice. On to Tuesday, say cheese!! It was Picture Day at school. The girls said they smiled good, we will see in a couple of weeks when they come home. Tuesday night....quite and at home! Wednesday rolls around and it's dress down at school for the girls. Hiking Day to kick off the mileage club. Which by the way, Miss Kayla loves! For each time they walk around the track they get a punch on their "Mileage Club" card. Kayla has now successfully walked 10 miles around the track. Her and her friend Abbie have each done 10 miles together. Very proud of my little walker! :) Wednesday night it's back up to the soccer fields. But oh wait, Kayla wants to play now! After asking her a hundred times if she wanted to play!! There's room on the 1st grade team (which has a couple girls from her class playing on it) so there she has it. On a team, BTW practice is on Thursdays! So here comes Thursday, Sept. 11th. An emotional day for me. My grandpa passed away 7 yrs ago (Sept. 8th, 2001), so Sept. 11th was the day of his wake. It's the one day of the year I hate to see come. Not only for the memory of the terrible events that took place that day but just the memories of re-living those couple of months in 2001. It was a very difficult year starting in June for my family when my grandpa walked in the hospital having problems with his knee and never walked out again. It seems like just yesterday. Courtney was turning 1 and my grandpa went into the hospital. His first great- grandchild, he was so proud! While the memories and pain still seem so fresh, I think I'd be here all night typing about it. It's not that I don't want to, but at the same time, I really don't because I strongly feel my grandpa was robbed of his life by a "person" who was suppose to "take care of him." This time of year is also painful knowing my brother has to re-live the death of his very close friend Brian and the painful experience he had to go through with the events of that car accident. While June, July, and August always bring back memories of countless hospital visits to my grandpa, every day, September and October seemed to be marked with memories of death. While I know my grandpa is up in heaven; smiling down on us and watching over us, I know he is happy with where he is at. Even though I'd give anything for more time with him. So while others are re-living the painful memories of "Where were you on Sept. 11th" every year, I remember getting the wake up call to "Get up! There's planes crashing into buildings!" and having to feel the pain of losing my grandpa and saying good bye to a wonderful man who loved his family more than life itself. But, onto Friday we go....I wrapped up a few things on my weekly things to do list and got ready for Courtney's first soccer game! Oh, but wait! Hold that thought! It rained a lot Thursday night and no soccer game. But Kayla's game (which we were going to not play in since she had only practiced once) is still on so off we go. I must say for being her first game, she did pretty well. But when Coach told her to play this area or to stand here, that's what Kayla did. She did a great job of listening. I'll post some pics from a game when I'm done here. After the game, it was off to dinner with families from Kayla's team! What a great evening we had out. The kids (all 9 of them at the restaurant) were wonderful! Next thing I knew, here was the weekend! Thank goodness!!! Mornings to sleep in!!! Our weekend was busy. Too bad they will continue to be that way for many more weekends to come! At least we enjoy our crazy schedule! Well, at least most of the time! :)

Here's the news for this week.....

Another week is upon us. No big surprise as it will be another busy one! There's soccer practice Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday night! A field trip on Thursday with Kayla to Eckerts. Grandparents Day at school on Friday and then OMG it's the weekend filled with birthday parties, soccer games, a dinner night out, and several other things to do. That doesn't even include the long list of things to do this week that I have sitting next to me. But at this point, I'm off to bed as I need some sleep! I'm noticing I need more of it these days.

Until next week, have a great week!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sorry about your Grandpa, I completely understand, how you feel. I hope you have a better week next week!