Friday, June 6, 2008

Where to Move?

So, we've been looking around for a place to live. It's been a long time coming and I can't handle my stuff in storage any longer. I went to the storage locker the other day to get something out for the girls and actually starting crying as I looked at all my stuff and box after box just sitting there. It's been a rough year and I've made a lot of changes. And yet, I'm still working on making more changes.

As I've been looking around, the biggest question that plays a huge factor in what to look at is location. And I'm honestly having a very hard time with this. I know I've always put myself in this little "box" of an area I wanted to live. It's the same area that I grew up in. I'm comfortable here so why change location? However the price of houses is not where we are at right now. We've considered renting an apartment to try and save up some money but the thought of doing that, well it makes me freak a little!! Just the idea of living in a small 2 bedroom apartment with 2 little girls....even temporary....I don't think my sanity could handle it!!!

Don't get me wrong, for the most part the girls are good and I can't complain, too much! But I think we all would be on each others nerves on a daily basis. There's just not enough room.
So then the idea came up of moving what I call "out there" like Jefferson County way again. But this time the Imperial direction. We lived an Arnold for a year and I'll be honest, the location was prefect, it was close to everything but the actual area....OMG! I should have NEVER moved there. It's the ONE AND ONLY time I've let Dave say, "I told you I didn't think it was that great of an idea." So I'm not too impressed with the idea of going back to Jefferson County even though for the most part Imperial is a lot better than Arnold. (And yes I know...not all of Arnold is bad so don't yell at me!) But the thought of going through another 4th of July for 2-3 weeks again.....hello!! We don't need fireworks going off from 9:00am - 11:00pm everyday for 3 weeks! That in itself was alittle much for me.


I really want to stay close to school. I'm really happy being there and I know the girls are too. We've made a lot of great new friends and the families in Courtney's class are alot of fun to be around. I'm very happy we decided to change schools even though the tution is going to kill us! But with gas prices the way they are and the idea of prices coming down is a joke, the closer to school we are, the better I think it will be with the running back and forth so much.
So here's where I'm at right now....we found this townhouse we all really like. Yes it's not perfect and there are a few minor things to change before we could move in but for the most part things it's just about "perfect" and things could be updated at a later date. It's about 5 minutes from school, not exactly the direction I wanted to go but it's still close enough to be able to run home and back up to school without feeling like I'm wasting my time or gas. It's 3 levels and the basement is finished. I do like it and I think my sanity will be better off than in an apartment. The issue I'm having is even though there's a nice area outside both in the front and the back for the girls to play, we won't have out "own" yard area. The girls like to play outside so much that them not having their swing set to play on kind of bums me out. Courtney was a little upset by it but she does like the idea of the pool being down behind us.....


This is just too stressful!!!! Wish there was a little magic fairy who could give us the winning lottery numbers. I've always said, "If I was ever lucky enough, I will take care of my family and friends too!" But so far, not so much!

Oh well.....there's my little pitty party for tonight, "where oh where do I move to?" I'm thinking staying close and in a townhouse is looking like the right thing to do right now. It's not like it's forever, right?!?!

No comments: