Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Here we go....the week of June 16th

Here's last weeks re-cap!

Let me think, brain freeze here....what went on last week. All of my days and weeks seem to run together now a days. I guess I need to pull my planner out for a recap! I think this is a bad sign. Well anyway, here we go. Oh yes, last week was Courtney's birthday week. She turned 8!! It's crazy!!!! I can not believe she is 8 already and I feel like my grandma in saying, time goes by so quickly. Dave pointed out the fact that she is half way to getting her driver's licence! Are you serious?? I'm having a hard enough time with the fact that I have an 8 year old and you have to point out she will be driving in 8 years!?!? Anyway, so we did some swimming last week which by the way was quite chilly. So I kept my butt out but the girls had a great time. Otherwise our week was filled with busy stuff and working on the Boutique which is coming along well. Our week ended with taking the girls to the Cardinals game for a Saturday afternoon game. We had a blast!! It was VERY hot sitting out in the first row of the bleachers (thanks to The Huff Family!) cooking in the hot afternoon sun but Courtney was so excited to be there. Kayla made the comment, "I don't want to come next time, I'll just stay home with MaMa." When I asked her why and if she wasn't having fun, she looked at me with this look on her face like, YOU IDIOT! She says "It's hot and I'm sweating and my armpits are wet!" Needless to say Kayla pretty much goes for the food but once we were in the car she was so damn cute. She said "Mommy and Daddy, even though it was hot and my armpits were wet the whole time, I tried to have fun. Thank you for bringing me but next time can I come at night because this was just too much for me." Gotta love her!
After the baseball game we headed over to my aunt and uncles house for Brett's high school graduation party. It's hard to believe he's heading off to collage in two months!!!

Here's the news for this week.....
This week is like any other week, BUSY!! It's summer, we are suppose to get a break. It's the normal on and off stuff and working. Courtney has her friends party on Thursday so I've got to get things ready for that. Good old Goody Bags. Whoever thought of that idea? It's some annoying having to find stuff to put in the bags. Half of the time the bags have nothing but crap in them and I can't stand that so I'm always the dumb one trying to find good, cheap, and practical stuff to put in them. Why? I don't know cause I hate wasting money on stupid stuff and like to drive myself crazy. But anyway, I found some great deals on things at Dollar Tree. I'm really starting to like that place. I spent $32 and got enough stuff for 25 goody bags plus the bags. We found packages of bubbles that come in bottles shaped like a soda bottle, tattoos (just because the kids love them) a card game of either Old Maid, Go Fish, Matching, or Crazy 8's, and then the girls got a hair thing and the boys got these little baseballs. Everything came with multiple items in the package so it really cut down on the cost and I feel like the kids are going home with something they can use and it's not crap that will end up in the trash! Oh well, just my two cents about goody bags, I hate them!

Our week ends with the Auction BBQ, which should be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to it.

Until next week, have a great week!!

And yes...I know, I will be posting pictures sometime soon! It's on my list of things to do that is never ending but I do have pics from Courtney's birthday and the baseball game that will be coming soon!

No comments: