Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Our Life this week! ~ November 10th

Here's last weeks re-cap!

Our first week of November in the Fritsche house is in the books. Amazing how fast this year has gone by. Last week was no different than the previous weeks around here. Monday the Girls had a half of day for Parent/Teacher Conferences. Both of the girls are doing very well and had excellent report cards. Courtney made first quarter honor roll. The first time she has had the chance to do that so we were very excited for her!! Kayla is doing great! It amazes me how quickly she catches on and how much she is learning. She already understands and counts money and is telling time. They are learning so much at such a young age now!! After conferences Courtney had soccer practice....the last one of the season!! Then we were off to Spirit Night at school. They had a dinner and handed out awards to all the fall sports players. It was really cute and the girls had a good time. Tuesday the girls were off school because of Election Day. I spent most of the day at home working on things for the Boutique. We added Letters from Santa that are really cute!!!! Wednesday is was back to school and I worked on some more Boutique stuff. When Thursday finally rolled around I was ready for the weekend. It had been such an off week that I was ready to sleep in!! And then came FRIDAY!! I had several things to do to wrap up the week. That evening the girls and I went shopping for some new winter clothes! We made the mistake of going to the mall on a Friday night!! I've learned my lesson. It was "Freaky Friday" as Courtney kept pointing out. And let me tell ya....she was right. I wonder what rock some of these kids/people crawl out from under. It was a little scary! The weekend came and I was looking forward to sleeping in!!! Courtney had a soccer game Saturday and it was COLD!!!!!!! She scored another goal but unfortunately this time I did not get a picture. It was so freaking cold my camera decided it was going to work right. But the funny story behind this goal.....Friday night at the mall, Courtney asked for a Webkinz. I told her "No, not tonight. Christmas is coming and if I started buying you toys now, what will you do if Santa already has it for you?" She was fine with this answer until we saw the deer Webkinz!! She has been asking for this one since it first came out. She didn't know but I had already bought it and had it stashed away for Christmas. She was begging for it. Even said "I will do ANYTHING for it!" I kept telling her "no, I'm sorry." I felt so bad! I knew she wanted it and we had been looking for it, and she had just found out the Webkinz had retired the deer. Surprisingly she didn't throw and big fit even though she kept asking. So I ended up telling her, "I'll make you a deal, you score a goal in your soccer game tomorrow and we'll talk about getting the deer." Oops!! Big mistake! That girl went out and was going to get a goal if it was the last thing she did. Guess I learned my lesson on opening my mouth! Needless to say, guess who now has the deer Webkinz and who is short the Christmas gift list now!?! ;) She was so excited to get that deer though. She was so cute, she said it's going to bring her good luck this upcoming weekend for deer hunting. Let's hope so!! So the rest of weekend was full with 3 more soccer games, Courtney had her first indoor game Sunday morning and then played her last outdoor game and Kayla had her last game. Come Sunday evening, I was frozen and ready for bed!!

Here's the news for this week.....

This week is going to be crazy! It's very busy! The girls have a short week at school this week. They have a half of day on Wednesday and are off on Thursday and Friday. I have a lot of things to do this week....a lot with the Boutique. The girls and I will be leaving on Friday to head to the Farm for the weekend. It's opening weekend of deer season!!!! With 6 weeks until Christmas, I have to start thinking about shopping, cards, gifts, and all the fun times ahead in the next couple of weeks!!! :)

Until next week, have a great week!!

No comments: