Thursday, May 28, 2009

Our Recap

Our week of Recovering ~ May 11th - May 16th
My week to recover from all the craziness that had been going on wasn't much of a week to recover after all! But that's ok because being busy is better than sitting around doing nothing! :) I must say though, the week was less busy which was nice. We didn't have too much doing on at specific times so I was able to catch up on a lot of things! Our weekend was much busier with softball games, my brother Scotty's Graduation from Rankin and a Luncheon on Sunday.

Let the Countdown begin ~ May 18th - May 23rd
The countdown was started for the last day of school! We were all very ready for a nice summer break!! This week was busy, we had softball practice, meetings, Kayla's Kindergarten Graduation, and a field trip to grants farm with Courtney's class. Our weekend came and much to the girls surprise they got to make a trip to the Farm with MaMa and PaPa. Dave and I stayed home as he had to work and I had to take my grandma to the airport on Saturday. She was off to Dallas to spend a week with my Aunt. So we enjoyed a quite weekend at home catching up on a lot of stuff. Kayla's graduation was on Thursday. It was really cute and very sad. Our little princess is growing up so fast and learning so much. It's hard to believe she is going to be in 1st grade!! :( I'll have some pics to post later.

The last week of school!! ~ May 24th - 30th
This week is one of those bittersweet weeks. I am so excited for summer vacation to be here!! The break from the alarm clock going off at 6:30am is very welcomed! But it's also a little sad knowing a great school year is coming to a close and come August the girls will be "moving" up. We successfully made it through the school year of the much dreaded monthly book reports for Courtney. I must say, as nervous as I was about those based on what I heard from families last year, it was not that bad. Don't get me wrong, there were months where I thought there was no way we were going to find the time to do them. But we got them all done and on time!!! They were not as bad as I thought they were going to be. Courtney has learned so much this year and has a new love for history and President trivia. It's amazing to hear her quiz us and make the whole family feel very dumb!! :)

On top of this being the last week of school which is very full.......Dave and I also celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary on Monday! I can't believe how fast time is going by. It feels like just yesterday we were planning everything.

Now here we are in the last day and a half of school and while I'm looking forward to the break, we are also looking forward to the new adventures ahead next school year!! ~~ Our weekend....don't even get me started!! It's a crazy one and I don't see much relaxing time available. But next week.....sleeping in will be awesome!!!!

Until next time, have a great day!!

No comments: